Who can use the Glen Ellyn Food Pantry?
• A person or family residing in Glen Ellyn, Lombard, Carol Stream, Wheaton, Lisle or Glendale Heights may call to determine if the Food Pantry is able to serve them.
• Qualified clients may use the Pantry once per month, up to six times per calendar year.
• Upon the recommendation of a clergyman, counselor, or social worker, some longer term assistance may be possible.
How Can I get an Appointment for Food?
• To make an appointment, call the Glen Ellyn Food Pantry office at 630-469-8668 .
• If you find you cannot come for your appointment, please call the Food Pantry to cancel or reschedule.
• Bring some form of identification such as a driver's license, photo I.D., or green card, and a recent piece of mail showing your current address.
• Please use the Forest Avenue entrance to Grace Lutheran Church. As you walk down the hallway, the Food Pantry is the third door on the right.
• Remember, we are all guest of the Grace Lutheran Church. Enter and leave only through the Forest Avenue entrance. Please use only the area mentioned.
What Happens Next?
• You will be served as promptly as possible. To protect the privacy of those being served, you may be asked to wait in the hall for a few minutes.
• During the intake process, the staff at the Glen Ellyn Food Pantry will ask a few questions to make sure records are accurate and kept current.
• You will be asked to choose from the 'food choice list' and you will be able to choose food from available supply.
• If you have any other needs or concerns, please mention them to the Pantry's intake person. If the Food Pantry cannot fulfill the need(s), the intake person may be able to assist you in finding resources where you can get further assistance.
• The Glen Ellyn Food Pantry does not provide monetary support to our clients.